As an industrial engineer on the Parata Consulting team, Brian Cristobal has been behind the counter of more than 200 pharmacies. With experience in diverse pharmacy settings — from independent pharmacies to national chains to the Department of Defense — Brian offers a unique perspective on efficiency in the pharmacy. Before joining the Parata team in 2010, he spent three and a half years as an industrial engineer in a manufacturing setting. Brian holds a B.S. in Industrial and Systems Engineering from North Carolina State University and a Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt certification with an emphasis in health care.
- Utilizing technology to outsource some of the dispensing process
- Increasing efficiency in the pharmacy by limiting “overproduction” and planning for peak production times to optimize resources
- One easy way to streamline your process through organizing and standardizing workstations
- Taking an objective look at your pharmacy’s layout to identify opportunities for improve efficiencies
- How to spot efficiency “red flags”
- Utilizing quick pick shelves, managing phone cord limbo contests and optimizing inventory management
- How improving patient communication can also streamline the pick-up and will-call process
- Identifying staff members’ strengths and how utilizing talent is one of the most under-appreciated resources in your pharmacy
- The low-hanging fruit of improving downtime
- How to step back and take an objective look at your pharmacy’s processes
If you have any questions about this interview, come see me in our private Facebook community (link to join in your first email upon registration).
I hope to see you soon and look forward to hearing your ideas and plans to Elevate our profession.