Almost 5 years ago, Suzanne Keyes & her husband Mike built Keyes’ Compounding in Elk City, Oklahoma. Suzanne has expanded her practice to include a more holistic approach to wellness.
Suzanne offers a wide variety of more advanced, specialized testing including: neurotransmitter testing, hormone testing, IgG food sensitivity testing, micronutrient deficiency testing, micro-biome and GI profile testing, SIBO/parasitology testing, etc.
She is currently involved in becoming a Fellow with the American College of Apothecaries and is currently enrolled in the multi-year certification program through the Institute for Functional Medicine.
Moving from informal, free counseling sessions to paying, appointment-based consultations
- Adding services to encompass a full-service consulting panel including advanced testing services
- How to partner with lab companies to offer advanced testing services
- Billable lab tests and educating yourself on pertinent labs
- The progression from moving from chief complaint to treating the entire patient and ALL SYSTEMS
- Giving patients hope where they had previously had no answers
- CLIA-waived vs. collaborative practice agreements for advanced testing kits
- Contracting with an independent lab company for cash-paying patients that saves money and improves access through online portals
- The programs Suzanne recommends for pharmacists who want to train in functional medicine
- The best piece of advice she can give to pharmacists who want to do health and wellness consulting
- Importance of getting your pharmacy staff to “buy in” to your idea
If you have any questions about this interview, come see me in our private Facebook community (link to join in your first email upon registration).
I hope to see you soon and look forward to hearing your ideas and plans to Elevate our profession.