Nicholas Dorich is the Sr. Manager, Professional Relations at Pharmacy Quality Solutions, Inc (PQS). He manages PQS relationships with pharmacy clients, as well as implementation and tracking of medication-related quality measure performance. Additional duties include development and tracking of valuable resources and insight on quality measures, including education and training for pharmacy teams, leadership and frontline practitioners. In this role, Nicholas also works to develop and design reporting for pharmacy clients along with reporting capabilities for the EQuIPP dashboard that extend beyond the Medicare Star Ratings.
Prior to PQS, Nicholas led activities related to professional affairs, education and research at the National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) and NACDS Foundation. This included projects researching and implementing strategies to improve public health outcomes focusing on improving immunization rates, removing barriers to administering immunizations and responses to public health emergencies. Other projects included development of the NACDS Foundation Scholars Program, design of a funding program to improve transitions of care involving appropriate medication use and development of pharmacy education, continuing education and training courses.
Nicholas earned his PharmD from the University of Rhode Island College of Pharmacy in 2011 and completed an Executive Residency with the National Association of Chan Drug Stores Foundation in 2012. As a student pharmacist, Nicholas served as a Student Representative for the Rhode Island Pharmacists Association; working with the association to coordinate legislative efforts to allow for pharmacist immunizing authority with the University of Rhode Island College of Pharmacy and other public health advocates. Nicholas remains as an active member with the American Pharmacists Association (APhA).
- What medication-related quality measures are and why they are important
- Goals of the Pharmacy Quality Alliance and how they are involved in identifying quality measures
- The difference between PQA and PQS
- How Pharmacy Quality Solutions works with a wide variety of parties interested in medication-related quality measures
- Why quality measures are important for pharmacists to understand and how we can impact patient outcomes
- Knowing with medication-related measures are triple weighted and how pharmacists can impact them
- How to utilize the EQuIPP dashboard to improve patient care and impact measure performance
If you have any questions about the Nick’s interview, come see me in our private Facebook community (link to join in your first email upon registration).
I hope to see you soon and look forward to hearing your ideas and plans to Elevate our profession.