Dr. Leigh Ann Grasso, RPh opened her first Annie’s Apothecary in 2007. The pharmacy flourished in providing custom compounded medications and overall wellness support to its patients. Her second store opened in 2013. Both stores focus on educating practitioners and customers in improving their well-being through customized solutions. As the staff as grown, Annie’s Apothecary continues to broaden patient services with complementary healthcare including consultations and medication therapy management.
Key Takeaways from Our Interview:
- Dr. Grasso’s move from cash-based compounding-only to adding more services including consultations
- Billing claims for MTM under a patients medical insurance
- Which patients are eligible for billing pharmacy services under a medical insurance plan and the number of sessions allowed per year
- The process the patient will move through during a medication consultation
- How to build a consultation business around an appointment based model
- Utilizing community engagement and social media marketing to foster great word of mouth referrals
- Establishing relationships and creating connections with physicians in unique ways
- How to “promote” yourself without promoting it
- How APRXS aids pharmacists in putting together your CAQH profiling and getting credentialed to bill for your services
- Member advantages for APRXS includes support, troubleshooting, training on billing and much more guidance on marketing pharmacist consulting services
- Products and services with a good ROI for independent community pharmacies
- Dr. Grasso’s #1 tip for running a successful business
If you have any questions about this interview, come see me in our private Facebook community (link to join in your first email upon registration for the Summit).
I hope to see you soon and look forward to hearing your ideas and plans to Elevate our profession.