However, I have no doubt 2016 will go down as one of the most impactful year for me financially, professionally and personally. Read my 8,000 word recount of my first 12 months in online business.
I would like to invite you to go through the following goal-setting exercise with me in order to set our goals for 2017.
First, Lets Review My 2016 Goals:
- Paying off all student loan debt.
- Writing 100 words each day.
- Reading 10 pages of a personal development book each day.
- Joining a business mastermind.
- Attending at least one national pharmacy conference.
- Helping more pharmacists achieve their dream careers.
Last year, I encouraged you to focus on your Career Vision and set an intention for what you want to accomplish in 2016.
Now, as promised, I am reporting back to you on my progress.
Again, I encourage you to STOP, take a few hours to spend alone reflecting on your progress this year and setting goals for the next year.
My 2016 goal results:
- The last of my student loan debt was paid off in October 2016.
- Write 100 words per day; I’m pretty sure I surpassed this even if I were to only count emails. I wrote a total of 127 articles and 1 book in 2016.
- Ok, I may have cheated on my required reading. My eyes are usually so tired by the end of the day I can’t see clearly. Instead, I’ve been downloading Audible books and have been “audible-ing” about one book each month.
- I joined a six month business mastermind and made six new business BFFs.
- I attended TWO national pharmacy conferences and was even asked to speak to a group of students at one of them.
- The Pharmapreneur Academy has helped over 80 pharmacists begin building the career of their dreams.
In my last article of 2015, I stated that “I never foresee a day when I will completely retire from pharmacy. My passion for pharmacy was reignited when my purpose was revealed to me this year. I feel extremely blessed by this profession, and now I feel that I have been called to help other pharmacists work toward achieving their dreams.”
I will stand by that statement even though my “online business” has taken off. My personal identity is very much intertwined with my work and even though I’m sure that work will change, I will always identify as a pharmacist.
I’ve grown a lot this year and I hope you have too…
Recently, I shared a copy of my own personal goal-setting spreadsheet in the Community Forums at the Pharmapreneur Academy, but here I want to share some basic 12-week goal-setting tips to help you get started.
This is just barely scratching the surface of goal-setting so I also highly recommend the book The 12 Week Year for more specific information on this process.
A basic goal-setting process:
- Set a goal based on your BIG LIFE VISION (this is what you’ll need the book for)
- Ask yourself what will achieving this goal MEAN to you?
- Break the project down into sub-projects WITH DEADLINES
- Take each sub-project and break it down into tasks WITH DEADLINES
- Now take those tasks and assign them to specific weeks PER DEADLINE
- Plan out your 12 week plan according to deadlines
If you haven’t yet, now is the time to start planning out and setting your goals for 2017. You must plan ahead to achieve anything great. Starting with your Life Vision, identify a 10-15 year goal, then work backwards.
ex.) Blair’s 15 year goal: open a Mission Clinic and Pharmacy somewhere in Central/South America
So using this as an example, we will work backwards…
- 10 years: identify a specific location in that country and purchase land
- 5 years: identify a country with a large disparity in number of healthcare workers and start frequently visiting
- 3 years: become fluent in Spanish
- 12 months: hire a Spanish coach
- 12 weeks: listen to one Spanish podcast episode every day
My task on week 1 may be to buy a Spanish training course and download a podcast.
I also use this process in my business to set goals. For instance, in 2017 I have an idea what I’d like to build the Pharmapreneur Academy to, how many pharmacists I want to reach, the programs I’d like to add, etc.
I want to encourage you to Dream Big. Then work backward in order to figure out exactly how to realize your goals.
If your goal is building a pharmacy consulting business, begin by setting a project start date with a deadline ending date.
This process is exactly what our 12 week step-by-step e-Course in the Pharmapreneur Academy is meant to guide you through.
Of course, you can get their on your own, the program merely helps you accomplish your goal along a 12 week deadline.
As promised, and because I’m sure the anticipation is almost unbearable by now, without further ado here are my 2017 goals.
My goals for 2017:
- Double the number of pharmacists in the Academy
- Reach 10,000 pharmacists with my message
- Get board certified
- Hire a Spanish tutor and build proficiency by listening to daily Spanish conversations
- Audible one new business book per month
- Visit two new countries
Will you join me in setting your 2017 goals TODAY?
No matter your goals, I encourage you to choose them, write them down and share them with someone. Feel free to email me and I will gladly hold the intention for you.
Wishing you a fabulous New Year filled with happiness and prosperity.