Dr Thomas Barus is President of Barus Consulting LLC, a management consulting company focused on developing strategy and executing to the objectives of his clients in the Pharmacy Industry.
Currently, Dr. Barus is working with Ideal Protein to lead International and Domestic Business Development through the Pharmacy channel as well as the Business Intelligence team.
Dr. Barus has over 11 years experience in the Pharmacy industry where he has worked in the Pharmacy Retail, Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM), and Health Insurance businesses.
In his recent career, he acted as contributing strategist in product and formulary development for the now largest Medicare Prescription Drug plan in the United States, designed financial models in support of manufacturer negotiations and overall organizational value, developed and managed the data warehouse, data delivery, informatics, and analytics for a Fortune 10 corporation’s government healthcare business, led various IT capital projects in support of Client needs, and developed innovative strategic solutions to assist in Client growth.
various clinical clerkships including Specialty Pharmacy, Medical Management, Pharma Contracting, Pharmacy & Therapeutics, and Clinical Program Management.
- Tailoring your services based on feedback from your patients and your community’s market
- Identifying a medically designed weight management programs that get results
- Pharmacy training and educational support using specially designed protocols
- Utilizing block scheduling to manage time and resources in the pharmacy
- Dedicated in-field advisor that prepares your store and helps recruit the initial group of “beta-dieters”
- Supplementary marketing materials that are done-for-you such as seminars and educational open houses
- Identifying your Top 5 metformin prescribers to introduce your new service to
- Opportunities for offering Point of Care Testing (POCT) services in the pharmacy to help dieter track results and reach health goals
- Offering Ideal Protein’s cash-based, high-margin products can increase your revenue without having to deal with the hassle of insurance
- The initial investment of product recommended to cover your “beta-dieters”
- Identifying the right staff members to help the program succeed
- Marketing the weight management programs to local businesses as a valuable community resource
If you have any questions about this interview, come see me in our private Facebook community link to join in your first email upon registration).
I hope to see you soon and look forward to hearing your ideas and plans to Elevate our profession.