Amina Abubakar, PharmD, AAHIVP Owns and operates her Independent Pharmacy, Rx Clinic Pharmacy in Charlotte, NC. She is a Board Certified HIV Pharmacist and Certified in Precision Medicine. She has fostered an environment that showcases the significance of community pharmacist by collaborating with Physicians and expanding pharmacist led clinical services in her community. These collaborations have helped her medical providers prepare to thrive in the pay for performance. Currently she shares her passion for pharmacy advancements with pharmacists, parents and policymakers all over the country through Pharmacogenomics. She was invited to the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy and to the FDA to discuss her pharmacogenetic program which supports The Precision Medicine initiative.
Learn more about RxClinic Pharmacy on their website.
- How to identify physician concerns and provide solutions for them
- How Amina has been representing pharmacist-led pharmacogenomics on Capital Hill
- Implementing a residency program to help scale clinical services
- Utilizing and training “clinical technicians” for help with enhanced services, MTM, and POCT
- Collaborating with an FQHC and learning to help write grants for offering pharmacist-led weight management, AWV, and incident to visits
- Collaborating with an infectious disease clinic working with HIV/Hep C
- Collaborating with an acute care clinic to offer acute services
- Collaborating with a clinic who a LTC population to offer CCM, AWV, and incident to
- Integrating Pharmacogenomics using “decision guides” for each of the clinic populations
- Developing your CLEAR VISION using visualization, inspiration and brainstorming
- Preparing yourself for change by testing the waters using pilot programs
- Educating yourself on billing and value based payment models in order to market yourself to physicians (Joining the Pharmapreneur Academy is cheaper than a pharmacy conference!)
- Overcoming the biggest barriers to adding clinical services such as POCT in the community pharmacy setting
If you have any questions about this interview, come see me in our private Facebook community (link to join in your first email upon registration).
I hope to see you soon and look forward to hearing your ideas and plans to Elevate our profession.