Sue Paul is a pharmacist, entrepreneur and small business owner with over 20 years experience in the industry. She is following a non traditional path by assisting physicians in managing chronic disease state medications, implementing pharmacogenetic testing / analysis for complicated patients, and compiling current medication lists for their patients. She enjoys educating clients on all aspects of medication which empowers them to take control of their health. Current worksites include physician’s offices, nursing homes, employer groups, independent drug stores and in-home patient visits. She is President and Founder of SyneRxgy Consulting, LLC, a concierge pharmacy service.
- How pharmacogenomic testing can help optimize medication therapy and target therapy
- What a “normal day” looks like for a clinical consultant for a pharmacist practicing under 4 different physicians
- How managing complex patients in a Federally Qualified Healthcare Clinic is a bit different than a normal practice
- The way Sue has structured her earnings as an independent consultant
- The results she is getting for her physicians in the way of improving productivity and outcomes
- Why networking is important for sharing ideas and getting the word out about your services
- Certification and training programs to sharpen your PGx skills
- Pharmacogenomic patient success stories
- Why physicians feel PGx testing was a valuable service for clinical pharmacists to provide
- How to explain to patients why the test is important
A few important links Sue mentioned during the session were:
If you have any questions about this interview, come see me in our private Facebook community (link to join in your first email upon registration).
I hope to see you soon and look forward to hearing your ideas and plans to Elevate our profession.
Can’t wait to get this information?