DeArcy Vaughan, PharmD, MBA, BCACP, CDE, CTTS is currently a Manager of Clinical Pharmacy in Risk, Quality, Network Solutions for United Health Group/ Optum Insight in Jacksonville, Florida. She is a subject matter expert in medication adherence. She advises providers on how to create systems within their practice to improve patient adherence and to maximize their STAR quality ratings in the medication adherence metrics. DeArcy worked for many years as a Health Systems Pharmacy Manager with Walgreens at Family Care Partners- Northside. There she ran the tobacco cessation program and facilitated diabetes classes for the ACO. She is a past-president of the Duval County Pharmacy Association.
Contact DeArcy via email at DeArcy.Vaughan@gmail.com
- How payers are holding physicians accountable for patient adherence in three targeted disease states
- Provider reaction to being “measured” on medication adherence
- The opportunity community pharmacy owners and consultant pharmacists have to step in and help physicians
- Why medication adherence weighting makes up a majority of the STAR ratings points
- Ideas about how a consultant can approach providers in order to offer medication adherence programs and support
- Knowing what the proportion of day covered means and why its important
- Utilizing medication reminders and simple tools to help patients monitor their adherence and keep track of their medications
- Asking the patient about their goals and centering your recommendations around their main concerns
- Opportunities for pharmacist consultants that are outside of the “normal” idea of entrepreneurship
If you have any questions about this interview, come see me in our private Facebook community (link to join in your first email upon registration).
I hope to see you soon and look forward to hearing your ideas and plans to Elevate our profession.