This interview with Medecins Sans Frontières (MSF aka. Doctors Without Borders) pharmacist Jordy van Enkhuizen even exceeded my high expectations for it.
A bit of a challenge logistically due to Jordy’s location in the non-internet-friendly country of the Democratic Republic of Congo, but it was so well worth it. I want to thank Jordy for being wiling to share his inspiring journey with us and to make such an effort to accept this interview.
Instead of giving you my key takeaways, I thought I’d share my barrage of questions Jordy so graciously endured.
My questions for Jordy:
- Where did you attend pharmacy school?
- How did you get involved with MSF?
- Do you get to choose your mission location and length?
- What is a “normal” day like?
- How much collaboration and education does the job require?
- What languages are you required to speak?
- What impact has this service had on your life?
- What advice would you give to a pharmacist interested in serving in such a capacity?