Lots of barriers can play in to this issue. And it may not be that you’re necessarily un-motivated, it could be that…
You can’t decide on which services to offer.
You want to help everyone.
You try to do everything yourself.
But to acheive real growth, you must have clarity around what you are working towards.
Business Planning can help.
Our Daily Leader Framework uses a combination of Quarterly Strategic Objectives, Monthly Metrics and Weekly Action Steps to create a framework to achieve Daily Wins in your business that align with your Big Annual Goal.
You choose your objectives quarterly to keep you and your team focused on top priorities.
The rules of the game:
- Set a “Big Annual Goal” for the year
- Prioritize your “Quarterly Strategic Objectives”
- Break down “Monthly Metrics” that help you measure your progress
- Create a “Weekly Plan” for implementing the meaningful tasks
- Celebrate “Daily Wins” that create your ripple effect and amplifies your Big Annual Goal
Envision a concentric circle with your Big Annual Goal in the center. Every step you take should be able to be traced back to your priorities. Then your priorities lead to your metrics, your metrics to your weekly plans and finally to your daily successes.
As you move forward, imagine a widening ripple effect with your ultimate impact getting exponentially multiplied!
So what does that mean applied to a REAL business?
For me, as I’ve written about in the past, one of my Big Annual Goals in 2018 was to help thousands of Pharmapreneurs generate Millions of dollars in additional revenue. Therefore in Quarter 1 & 2 in 2018 it meant I prioritized:
- Creating key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor like Newsletter subscribers, Academy members, and Elevate registrations
- Looking for strategic partners to grow the Academy with
- Hiring new team members like a couple pharmacist content writers
- Streamline the on-boarding process for new Academy members
- Use surveys to assess opportunities to improve on the Elevate Summit
- Create written processes for others so I can delegate more repetitive tasks to team members
New product development
- Lesson 11 of the E-course at the Pharmapreneur Academy
- Launched the 2018 Elevate Pharmacy Virtual Summit
- Started the Genetic Consults PGx consulting business
- Finished building out the workshop content the 2018 Female Pharmapreneur Business Retreats
I then broke each of these Objectives down into Weekly Actions and Monthly Metrics that led to our Daily Wins.
Now, I’m giving 12 Female Pharmacist-Entrepreneurs the chance to work with ME on creating your Annual Big Goals for 2019!
As you can see, it was a lot to get done and something I didn’t think I could realistically accomplish in only one quarter of 2018.
Now as I’m looking at Quarter 3 and 4, I’ll shift my focus to some other Strategic Objectives I’d like to work on, specifically:
- Networking and speaking at multiple pharmacy conferences
- Hosting the 2018 Female Pharmapreneur Business Retreats in Nashville and Southern California
- Hiring new team members to help my write content for the blog – possibly even another genetic consultant pharmacist
- Training existing team members to take on more responsibility
- Growing the Elevate Summit through topical Mini-Summits like the Elevate-Adherence Mini-Summit July 25th
- Attending two pharmacy conferences to network and stay on top of industry trends
- Attending two non-pharmacy business conferences to continue growing my business skills and team
- A top secret project that has to do with the Elevate Summit
Which of the Strategic Business Objectives are YOU prioritizing in Quarters 3 & 4?
Not sure, need some help figuring out your 2019 plan?
Make plans to attend our first in-person Business Planning Retreat and Mastermind for Female Pharmapreneur in Nashville, Tennessee on September 22-23rd or in Irvine, California November 3-4th.
What are you focusing on in 2019 that will grow your business?