The Academy Forum

Bookkeeping Software

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Blair Thielemier 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

bmitchell
    Participant

What bookkeeping software do you use to track expenses, invoices, clients, etc.? Wave, QBO, Xero? Bueller? (Apologies if this is in one of the lessons I haven’t gotten to yet or if I missed the thread elsewhere in the forum.)

martika.martin
    Participant

I use Quicken for my personal and pretty soon my business expenses. I like to have everything in one place. It is a paid service. You have the option to create and print invoices, print checks, and it is easy to categorize everything. It will create tax reports that you could bring to your CPA.

Carol

I don’t use one currently. My CPA just has me enter everything in an Excel spreadsheet. But I don’t keep up with it like I should. I’m going to try to follow my expenses like Blair recommends in her 2019 Planning like a Pharmapreneur videos. So I may start using a software program.

Thanks!

Carol

I don’t use one currently. My CPA just has me enter everything in an Excel spreadsheet. But I don’t keep up with it like I should. I’m going to try to follow my expenses like Blair recommends in her 2019 Planning like a Pharmapreneur videos. So I may start using a software program.

Thanks!

Blair Thielemier
    Keymaster

QuickBooks Online all the way!

Its only $7 a month for the basic plan. I have three accounts connected to it. I reconcile all the bookkeeping myself, and my CPA also has access which makes things super easy at the end of the year.

1. My business checking account – which serves as my “operating expenses” account.

2. My Paypal account – which I use to pay vendors (I also send invoices through paypal instead of using the Quickbooks invoicing software, its just easier for me).

3. My business credit card – which I use to pay all recurring expenses

Here’s my referral link if you’re interested in signing up for Quickbooks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.