The Academy Forum

PGx company

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Blair Thielemier 2 days, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

TrangNguyen
    Participant

Just wonder if anyone works with a local PGx company? I’m going to meet the owner of a company that provides PGx testing implementation for LTC patients tomorrow. What should I look for if I want to collaborate with this company? Thanks in advance.

• This topic was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  TrangNguyen.

B Tenney
    Participant

I don’t work with a local PGX company but as Blair says finding out what they need help with or having them describe their process and where weaknesses may appear. How are the swabs obtained (from a designated nurse or do more nurses need to know process?), how is sample shipped, where does the report go (electronic?), is it automatically uploaded, who uses it to make medication decisions, how does it stay with that patient’s chart/EMR?, are all facilities using the same system, is there some system or consistency they are looking for, is it billing the insurance or getting reimbursed they need help with? Are they able to share with another provider when they are out of LTC? Excited to hear how it goes and what they may be looking to you to help with in PGX.

TrangNguyen
    Participant

Thank you for your helpful questions. As I asked him more, I found out his pain points. What limited him with LTC target market was that he did not have a local support system (ie, a PGx pharmacist). So, I said I could help him with that and expand to local physicians target market too. Pretty good meeting. Thanks for your tips!

Blair Thielemier
    Keymaster

Nice work Trang! Sounds like you could work as a business development person for him and get a percentage of new business plus be paid to do the actual consults.

And great tips for her Bryn! Starting with what the other persons needs are is #1 goal.

You’ll hear Nikki talk more about having the “sales conversation” on our Member Call Tuesday, January 29th at 8pm CST!

TrangNguyen
    Participant

Thank you, Blair! I’ve learned so much from your course and summit videos. I’ll work 1/19 evening shift. Would you post the recording please? Thank you.

Blair Thielemier
    Keymaster

Absolutely! If you can attend live on Tuesday, January 29th there will be a recording posted.

And if you have questions for Nikki, please feel free to post them in this thread!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.